Why You Need a Blog (Even If You Think You Don’t)
If you’re like most people, you don’t like to write, or you feel like you don’t have anything to say, so why start a blog for your business website? The truth is that you can’t afford NOT to have a blog if you want to compete in today’s website market. But the good news is that you don’t have to write a whole lot to make a blog work for you. Even small updates go a long way.
Here’s why even you need a blog:
Keep Your Site Updated
Customers and search engines both love fresh content. You can keep them both happy by posting just once or twice a month. Customers will keep coming back to see what’s new, and search engines will reward your site with higher rankings, so you get more visitors. And you can update your blog on your own without your webmaster’s help, keeping your website even more up-to-date.
Attract More Sales
Blogs are great for marketing, and once you get a following, you have a VERY targeted group who will be interested in your products and services. People can subscribe to your blog posts by email.
Achieve Expert Status
The more articles you post on your blog, the more people will begin to see you as an expert in your field. You can build up your reputation and share some valuable information at the same time.
Get More Traffic
Since you are creating more pages on your site filled with unique content, search engines like Google will give you more links, and so will social networking directories. That means more people will find your site and click by for a visit.
What to Blog About
- Create a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about your offerings
- Write small how-to articles
- Give tips related to your products or services
- Highlight featured products or services
- Hold an online contest with prizes (your products or services)
- Have a sale on your products or services
- Warn people about possible pitfalls related to your industry
- Announce what’s new in your business
- Link to other articles and sites you recommend
- Start your own “Ask the Expert” column
- Review a new product you offer or link to favorable reviews others have written for you
- Talk about related books and other media
- List the best or worst products or services you’ve found in your area
- Anything that would help your customers
How to Add a Blog to Your Website
You have 2 options when adding a blog to your site:
- If you are getting a new web design, simply ask your designer to create the whole site on a blog platform like WordPress. You can have both regular web pages and blog posts on the same site, and the design is completely integrated and seamless.
- If you don’t want a whole new design, you can add a blog onto your website. The design of the blog can match your site, but it won’t look exactly the same.
Either way, you get all the benefits of blogging to make your site a success.
Ready to get started with a blog on your website?